The doctors and staff at Advanced Spine and Pain have put together various resources to download or read through on-line. Patients are welcome to review them and use them to their benefit. Materials cannot be distributed without written permission.
To begin a download click on the correct blue link below and the download will begin or open in a browser window (depending on your browser's settings).
Instructions for Patients Receiving Injections
Before your injection:
- You should stop taking any aspirin products and blood thinning medications 5 days prior. (Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Plavix, Coumadin). You may continue to take your regularly prescribed pain medications.
- You should wear comfortable clothes to your appointment as you will be asked to change into a gown upon arrival.
- You should shower and/or thoroughly bathe the morning of your procedure.
After your injection:
- You can expect to be sore for 1-3 days after your injection, this is normal. If you are getting a steroid injection, the medication can take up to 7 days to fully begin to relieve your symptoms.
- You may resume your aspirin/blood thinning medications later on the same day of your procedure unless specifically instructed otherwise by our physicians.
- You should plan to follow up with your physician 3-4 weeks after your injection to discuss how you are feeling.